to Lost-Glamour.com where you can find the latest beauty tips,
beauty secrets, proper skin care, make-up tips and so much more!
Do you want to look stunning without wasting too much money?
Not sure what to look for when choosing cosmetics? Need some
advice on taking care of your skin? Help is here!
Make-Up Tips - Foundation Secrets
Tip: Foundation Secrets For A Flawless Complexion
by: Sheila Dicks
1. For a natural look your foundation must match your skin tone.
Test foundations along your jawline. You will know the best
color because it will disappear into your skin.
2. Spread foundation on your hands and pat it on your face,
then smooth out with a sponge making sure not to pull or stretch
the skin. Be extra careful in the area around your eyes where
the skin is super thin. Don't forget to apply foundation on
your eyelids and lips.
3. To make foundation last apply moisturizer first giving the
foundation a base. Dry skin will soak up the foundation if not
given that base. For oily skin use an oil-free moisturizer and
4. On hot days foundation can be difficult to keep looking fresh.
Set your foundation in the morning using a loose powder and
puff, then do regular touch ups throughout the day.
5. To cover imperfections apply foundation first and then go
back and dot on a concealer that neutralizes red. For noticeable
imperfections like very dark circles and birthmarks use a yellow
concealer (available from Mary Kay). Dont use too much
powder in problem areas because it will draw attention to it.
6. To avoid a foundation line around the jaw apply foundation
as usual then use a little moisturizer in your hand and blend
it down your neck.
7. For evening mix some shimmer powder with your powder and
put it where you want to attract light such as the bridge of
the nose, underneath the brow bone, the temples, cheekbone,
chin and shoulders.
8. Always use a foundation with a sunscreen of at least15 to
prevent future sun damage.
9. Change your foundation shade if the color of your skin changes.
10. After you apply foundation go near a window to make sure
it looks natural. Natural light is the ultimate test.
Copyright 2004 Sheila Dicks
About The Author
Sheila Dicks is a wardrobe and image consultant who teaches
women how to look slimmer by dressing to suit their body type.
Visit her at http://www.sheilasfashionsense.com to download
a copy of her e-book Image Makeovers and get How to Build a
Lost-Glamour.com © Copyright 2021, All Rights Reserved.